Your campus library holds a wide variety of resources for music education students. Carmichael Library collects books, academic journals, and high-quality databases to support UM's excellent programs in music.
Examples of Carmicahel Library resources for music history include:
- Music Scores - Located in the southwest corner of the second floor, most can be found shelved with other music materials in the "M"s.
- Compact Discs - Nearly 1,000 in our collection in the A/V cabinet on the main floor.
- Reference Books - The Library invests in important works for music research including The New Grove Encyclopedia of Music and Musicians.
- Print Journals - The library holds dozens of important titles in music and related fields.
- Online Databases - Thousands of peer-reviewed articles are available without even stepping into the library building. Also, you can access hundreds of thousands of streaming audio tracks via Classical Music Library.
Photo Credit: Garry Wilmore, Creative Commons license